Anstan News and Articles
Keep up to date with the latest humidifier news
Benefits of Having a Dehumidifier
A closer look at how humidity helps trigger allergens and how dehumidifiers minimise these symptoms.
Living in a humid climate, there are many triggers for allergies - dust mites, mould, and seasonal allergies. If you happen to be suffering quite a bit, a good dehumidifier can, more often than not, help.
Allergy Triggers Thrive in Humidity
A lot of the most common allergy triggers, particularly dust mites, mildew and mould, and they thrive in and around humid environments. Whether you live in a humid environment, or your living space tends to be more humid, you might be suffering from these things. Smaller living spaces with inadequate ventilation, like bathrooms or kitchens in a small apartment for example, are common areas where humidity can accumulate, even in dry climates.
Some of the common reactions to allergy triggers are:
- Stuffy nose
- Irritated, watery eyes
- Sneezing, wheezing, and/or trouble breathing
- Skin rashes and other irritation
Mould allergies are significant contributors to childhood asthma, which can be an incapacitating and expensive condition for children who acquire it at a young age.
Benefits of a Dehumidifier
There are many benefits to having a dehumidifier in your home, apartment, or office space:
- Dehumidifiers decrease levels of humidity, making your home less welcoming to allergens like dust mites, mould, and mildew.
- They do not disturb your daily life, and function quietly and efficiently without most people even noticing.
- Dehumidifiers also help reduce odours that can supplement mould and mildew in your home—eliminating any “musty” or “rotten” smells.
- These devices assist in reducing the possibility of you developing mould on your clothing, furniture, and other materials.
- Dehumidifiers minimise irritation to skin and respiratory system, allowing easier breathing and makes you feel more comfortable in your home.
- Less humidity in your home means clothing will dry quicker, breads and cereals will stay fresh longer without becoming stale, and you won’t find fewer signs of rust or corrosion on items like computer equipment, electronics, and tools.
- Using a dehumidifier helps minimise dust in your home, meaning you won’t have to clean as frequently.
- A dehumidifier also decreases energy costs as it helps your air conditioner operate more efficiently. When the air contains more humidity, the air conditioner needs to do the function of cooling the air and eliminating moisture, which means it must work harder. This causes your air conditioner to tire out quicker, meaning you will need to replace or repair it more frequently.
Having a dehumidifier can help you live a healthier life, so if you are one who is suffering from allergies or other symptoms, the solution to the question of whether you ought to own a dehumidifier is probably yes. Anstan Technologies CC has over 25 years of experience in the humidifier and dehumidifier industry, and are devoted to the local manufacture of the Anstan electrode.